AA Speedy Driving School was originally established in 1936.
Since 2000, Chris Booysen has taken over ownership of the business and has grown it from strength to strength; Chris is passionate about people and strives for excellent customer experiences at all times.
We are a driving school operating in the greater Johannesburg area.
Our students will enjoy their ground lessons from a private parking ground simulated according to the test requirements. This prepares the student correctly so that there are no surprises when undertaking their final test.
We are affiliated with all traffic departments, making sure that we facilitate all the booking processes for our students timeously and efficiently.
Our commitment to our students is to make the learning experience simple, efficient and effective. We structure our learning programmes in a way that allows all students to apply the K53 methods and build confidence on the road through guidance and consistent observations.
- Free pick-up and drop-offs – only for code 8 lessons, not motorbikes and truck lessons
- Dual controlled, Toyota Yaris vehicles
- Private and safe practice grounds simulated to all testing centres
- Assistance of booking of learners and drivers tests
- Assistance in preparation for learners test
- Driver evaluations for corporate companies
- We also offer code 10 and code 14 lessons
How to ensure the success for your K53 driver’s test
10 Driving Test Tips
- Attend driving lessons consistently and preferably twice a week over a period of time before your test. Don’t cram!
- Be knowledgeable of the rules of the road and road signage. You may have to refresh your memory if you wrote your learner’s a while ago.
- When you book your test date, make sure to consult your diary and take time off work/school if need be. If you are late for your test you will not be tested.
- Make sure you’re familiar with the car that you’ll be using for your driving test. If you’ve learned in our cars, please make sure you reserve one for the day.
- Learn the pre-trip inspection well. Nailing the pre-trip inspection will give boost your confidence at the beginning of your test.
- Practice the driving test route to ensure that you aren’t faced with any surprises. The instructors at AA Speedy Driving School may have knowledge of the test routes around Johannesburg.
- Arrive early for your test. Doing so will help you remain calm.
- Don’t tell everybody about your driving test. This will only place added pressure on you.
- Focus on the road instead of worrying about the small mistakes. You are allowed to lose a certain amount of points during the test, but rolling the car, bumping a pole, crossing any solid line or hitting pedestrians will result in an instant fail.
- Thank the examiner at the end of your test.